Saturday, June 19, 2010

Past Vs Present

So here's the skinny.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately (whether by choice or just forced to live in my head due to work) and most of it's being directed toward my relationship. Here's some background noise to put this all in context. I'm a sex addict. What exactly does this mean? Well, pretty much how it sounds. I don't prostitute myself, or manipulate people and have multiple boyfriends or anything but I constantly want..sex.
Here's where it gets tricky..
My boyfriend is not like this, but rather doesn't seem to have a strong libido at all. Here's the kicker--my sex drive has vanished lately. This is extremely worrisome--simply because it is so out of the ordinary. I've ruled out pregnancy (negative, negative, negative!!!) which pretty much leaves two things. One is smoking marijuana, the other work. These are pretty much my main activities--no I'm not a stupid pothead who can't function and is constantly stuffing my face. I have chronic arthritis and ankle pain, and pills upset my stomach. I can't even take over the counter Advil without projectile vomiting whatever is inside my stomach at the time.
But back to the point---I rarely want to be touch or do the touching lately. Problem is it's still spotty-some nights I'm in the mood. My boyfriend isn't. It's like we're off schedules and can't seem to link up again. I'm all for masturbation but I start to get pissed if it's interfering in whether or not I get laid. If that's even happening...
I was debating recently whether or not I missed the days when my man and I first were together. I'm going to go ahead and say no to that one, simply due to the fact that I was a crazy bitch. It was my Sophmore year, the last year of my pretty much 3-year coke binge (through in some study nights, classes and tests in there) plus a year straight drinking everyday. But the drinking continued, due to my new romance. He was a boozer since his ex-girlfriend dumped him after he cheated on her. Boo-hoo, right? I don't think so. You cheat, your ass gets dumped. I made sure I said that to him as well before I got involved. Well, long story short the ex tried to reconnect with him after she figured out we were together. Since I was insane at the time, I would go through his phone. Nothing good ever comes from snooping. I used to be so paranoid that he was running around on me. Now, it's like I know I'm not and I'm almost bored with it! But I would hate to be as anxious as I used to be in this relationship.
I have no idea. I do know I have to be back at work in about 6 hours, my boyfriend is asleep in the other room, and I want to get laid. These are the hard times, the tempting times to call up someone from my past just for the night....

No comments:

Post a Comment